These are easy to toss together, tasty and healthy. The Quinoa Stuffed Peppers are one of the meals my family eats when I’m using the recipes from weeks 1 & 2 of my meal planning.
Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- 6-7 Sweet Peppers (all colors)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 28 oz. can Black Beans
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 3 Celery Stalks, diced
- 2 Carrots, diced
- 1 cup Corn (frozen)
- 1 cup Peas (frozen)
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Chili Pepper
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350. Cover with foil. Bake for 40 minutes, remove foil with 5 minutes left.
- Cook Quinoa according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat combine black beans, onions, garlic cloves, celery, carrots, corn, peas, tomato sauce, garlic powder and chili pepper until. Salt and pepper to taste. Add throughly cooked quinoa to mixture.
- Cut top off of each pepper and place (with opening at top) in a 9x13 pan.
- Fill each pepper half way with quinoa mixture. Evenly sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of the quinoa mixture. Fill the rest of the pepper with quinoa. Top all peppers with cheddar cheese.
- Cover with foil. Bake for 40 minutes, remove foil with 5 minutes left.