This Keto friendly delicious stuffed zucchini meal is much easier to make than it looks. It’s full of flavor and filling.
Scoop the seeds out of the zucchini and fill with the tasty mixture.
I’ve used both yellow (summer squash) and green zucchini and both are equally delicious for this meal.
Once the zucchini halves are stuffed, wrap them with bacon and bake.
Stuffed Zucchini - Wrapped with Bacon
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped any color
- 1 cup spinach, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- dash salt and pepper
- 4 medium/large zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 16 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a jelly roll pan with foil and place a cooling rack on top of the foil. Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, garlic, bell pepper, spinach, parmesan, mozzarella, cumin salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir, make sure to mix well and set aside.
- Remove seeds and center section from zucchini halves. I use a grapefruit spoon for this but a spoon also works.
- Fill each zucchini half with cream cheese mixture. Wrap filled zucchini with 2 slices of bacon and set the wrapped zucchini on cooling rack. Bake for 40 minutes, check to make sure bacon is fully cooked, you may need to leave it in a little longer. Remove from oven and serve.