Finding the perfect present doesn’t have to be difficult.
Think about your favorite gifts. Do you remember what you unwrapped 15 years ago or even 5 years ago? Most gifts are materialistic items that don’t leave a lasting impression. If you want the presents you give to be memorable give gifts that are experiences.
This gift guide is designed to give you ideas to find and give the perfect gift, a gift that won’t be tossed or forgotten after a few weeks.
This list has been complied from suggestions from parents – it includes gifts that are more than materialistic options, these are mostly experience gifts that create memories rather than adding to the clutter. The common theme the last few years is that we are moving away from traditional gift giving and mass consumerism. We are lucky to be living in a time where we are experiencing a shift – a time when value is placed on experiences. The magic of the holiday season is not about consumerism. It’s not about the newest gadget or toy.
Use this gift guide as a way to instill the idea that experiences are more important than things.
40 GIFT IDEAS
Gifts that will actually be used, won’t cause clutter and will truly be enjoyed by the recipient…
- Gift Certificates to play places, trampoline park, adventure course, museums, aquarium, science center, etc
- A year membership to the local zoo, children’s theater, children’s museum, etc
- Food Baskets/Boxes – there are plenty of pre packaged baskets or delivery options this time of year
- Food service throughout the year – Plenty of options like Blue Apron or Hello Fresh. Who wouldn’t enjoy fresh ingredients and new dinner recipes arriving at the front door?!?
- Fresh citrus, apples or meat delivered to your front door. We order our beef and pork from a farm – health nuts would appreciate quality pasture raised products from a farm like Five Marys
- A monthly club for something that is used up like wine of the month, beer of the month, etc
- Tickets to a concert
- Tickets to a play, show, symphony or theater
- Plane tickets or airline gift card – even if you can’t afford the full amount this can go towards a future trip
- Membership or gift card to an activity like pottery painting, art painting, cooking, etc
- Tuition to an extra curricular class
- Art supplies and tools for arts and crafts
- Subscription to an online book club or service such as Audible
- Gift certificate for a photography session for family photos
- Gift certificate to the car wash or for an auto to be detailed
- Massage or spa service gift certificate or membership
- Restaurant gift cards
- Membership to Amazon Prime
- $ towards an activity or excursion for someone to do on an upcoming trip
- Horseback riding lessons or trail ride
- Lessons or classes of any kind that the person has expressed interest in – if supplies are a requirement to participate then those can accompany the gift as well
- National Parks Pass or State Park Pass
- Disneyland/Disney World tickets or annual pass
- Admission to a waterpark or theme park
- Movie Passes or gift certificate
- Pay for a service – home cleaning, landscaper, accountant, home organizer, pet sitter, etc
- Summer camp or club
- Tickets to a local sporting event
- Costco membership
- Airbnb gift card
- Swing set, trampoline or other backyard activity
- Donation to a charity in the person’s name
- Miniature golf, ice skating or indoor arcade, bowling alley, Top Golf gift certificate
- iTunes gift card
- Hotel or staycation package
- Music lessons and instrument rental
- Lift tickets or season pass to ski resort
- Supplies to build and take care of a garden
- Pay for a sport or club they will join in the upcoming months
Are you contributing to the magic of the season or adding to the stress? There are plenty of gifts to give that will give the gift of experience rather than the gift of clutter.
Intentional Edit participates in select affiliate advertising programs. If you click and/or make a purchase through certain links on this site or any related social media platforms, Intentional Edit may make a commission. All opinions are my own.
If you have questions please send me a DM on Instagram. I do my best to reply to all the messages I receive.
Lauren is a professional home organizer and owner of Intentional Edit in Scottsdale, Arizona. Intentional Edit is an organizing service and lifestyle company focused on consciously editing to create efficient and organized spaces. Lauren believes that a functional home that looks and feels pretty has a positive influence on all aspects of life. Creating systems that allow for the home to function more efficiently, therefore, eliminating most of the clutter and chaos, is her priority. While design trends come and go, organization is always in style!
If you are in the Phoenix area and interested in our services of creating individualized solutions for your home or office click here to see our services and how the process works.